Maryland International Education Association - Study Abroad Scholarship
*Maryland International Education Association (MIEA) Scholarship *
The Maryland 2000 Commission established a scholarship fund for MIEA to award to Maryland college students participating in study abroad programs. Students attending any Maryland higher education institution may apply for a study abroad scholarship. A selection committee consisting of two representatives from community colleges, two representatives from private colleges or universities and two representatives of 4-year public institutions will select the recipients annually.
To Apply you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen and Maryland Resident
- Be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at a Maryland institution of higher education
- Have applied for a credit-bearing study abroad program
- Have a GPA of 3.2 or higher at the college or university level and have completed at least 12 credits of study
- Submit the MIEA Study Abroad Advisor Signature Page
- $500 -$1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- What Maryland College or University do you attend?
- How many credits have you completed to date?
- What is your Student ID #?
- Are you a United States citizen
- What is your proposed Study Abroad Program
- What is the location of your proposed Study Abroad Program? (City and Country)
- What is the term and year of proposed Study Abroad Program
- Name of the Institution issuing credit for the Program
- What courses do you intend to take while studying abroad?
- What is the total cost of your Study Abroad Program?
- Please break down the costs of your Study Abroad Program into the following categories
- Housing and Meals
- Tuition and Fees
- How will you pay for your Study Abroad Program? Please indicate the amounts for each of the following sources of funds:
- Expected Family Contributions
- Financial Aid (FA) (If you are receiving Financial Aid please upload your FA Scholarship Summary
- Personal Funds
- Please submit an essay of not more than 300-500 words detailing why you wish to study abroad, your intended program of study and how this program fits in with your academic major/minor and career goals. Special cirumstances (i.e. evidence of financial need, health problems or other information may be addressed in the essay.
- Please upload the completed MIEA Study Abroad Advisor's Signature Page after it is signed by your advisor.
- By submission of this Application, I certify that all of the information provided is true and accurate. I agree that if I am awarded a MIEA Scholarship: 1. In the event any or all of the awarded funds are not spent for the purpose authroized, all MIEA Schoalrship Funds must be retruned to the Baltimore Community Foundation( BCF). 2. If for any reason my study abroad participation is canceled, shortened or changed the MIEA scholarship funds must be returned to BCF. 3. Within six (6) months of returning from my study abroad experience, I will submit a transcript of my study abroad grades to BCF. If i fail to submit this transcript, I agree to return all MIEA Scholarship Funds to BCF. 4. I agree that my name and Study Abroad information may be used for publicity purposes pertaining to the Maryland International Education Association and/or its Scholarship Committee.
- Show 10 more